Those who portray Santa at malls, department stores, and private venues would not be able to exist without those who visit them. This is mostly provided through parents taking their children annually. One such parent, Patricia Newton (my mother), had many thoughts on her experiences. She chose to begin these yearly visits when my sister and I were pretty young. Her reasoning was simple: “It was just one of those childhood things you do-you take your children to see Santa Claus.” However, this custom was never a huge priority for her or my family. If there was a long line or too many people, we avoided it. Trips were not planned solely around this event, unless it meant leaving an hour early to avoid the crowds and still have remaining time to complete errands. Her thoughts were, she recalls, “I mean it wasn’t a big deal. I remember more doing the Salvation Army Angel Tree [then visiting Santa].”
No comments:
Post a Comment