Dear Santa,
It’s been awhile since we last talked, I apologize. People keep spreading terrible rumors about you! I will admit, I believed them for a while, but I have now come to my senses. I should never have doubted you.
Seeing that it is March and not very close to the official Christmas season, you may find this letter a bit unusual. I am writing to ask you a favor. I am in college now, at Belmont University, and have a very interesting project for my 3rd Year Writing class. We are exploring various cultures and I have chosen to focus on your impersonators. I have been in contact with one such impersonator, several consumers, and even tried to gain access into a group known as the Amalgamated Order of Bearded Santas. I am having great difficulty with these people….they are a secretive bunch. Malls have withheld information and groups have even denied me access!
For this reason, I have decided to go to the source….you. I am hoping you will give me more information on how you began this career, how you handle the stress, and how you are able to continue year after year (after year). You too are a secretive man. Movies have tried to answer these questions (Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Santa Clause), but I do not know how reliable these are. Please help me to set the record straight!
Your faithful believer,
Elizabeth
PS: Thank you so much for finally granting me my childhood wish of a white Christmas! It was everything I had always hoped it would be. Feel free to grant another childhood wish…aka, Harrison Ford. You know my address- drop him off anytime. J
No comments:
Post a Comment